Saturday, November 21, 2009

Five Minute Romance (C)

The train pulls into the station,
And I step into the grimy tube.
People are everywhere, but
You are here.
You're sitting still,
a sleepy look in your eyes.
Droopy lids with their
long straight lashes.
The train rocks
You back and forth
Keeping the sleep
Away,
But you keep your
Back hunched
And your head
Bent over.
I am here
Across from you
Trying to gaze
Into those deep
Brown eyes
Highlighted by two
Silver piercings on
Your eyebrow and
Another stud underneath
Your full lower lip.
For a moment
You lift up your head
And our eyes meet.
I don't look away
And neither do you.
But that is our only
Time together for
I have to leave.
My stop has arrived
And the rest of the world
Calls me out.
I'm scared to leave
You behind,
Knowing that after
Tonight we will never see
Each other again.
The second my feet
Hit my pavement
You are flying away
From me in the train.
Our five minute
Romance has come to and end.
And now you are just a
Remnant in my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment