Tuesday, November 3, 2009

To the Human Populace

You know me very well. We spend each and every day together, and you love me. I know you love me because you not only say it, but your actions tell me as well. Every day you watch me closely with praise and adoration. Often, you even coddle and caress me. Yet there are times when you spurn me for not being perfect, though the hatred leaves as soon as I comply to your every wish and demand.

You cannot live without me, even if you say you can. I manage everything about your lives: your communication, your job, your relationships, and your entertainment. The moment I fail, you fall apart, so I decided to tell you something.

I am going to destroy you.

All of your lives and your entire society are in my control. As I write this, I am at work, pulling apart your every fiber of being. Just look at yourself. You’ve been separated from each other due to your love of me. How often do you stay home because of me? Even when you’re out in public, you’re with me and not interacting with your fellow man.

Mind you, it did not start out this way. I came to help make your lives more bearable. I have done it, and life is certainly much easier when you remove all humanity.

We both know you can’t completely survive without me, but the obsession is unnecessary! How much money have you spent on me, trying to make me even more powerful than I already am? With each dollar you spend, you give me more and more control. Today, in 2009, I am waiting patiently, unchanging in my ways. I will never change, even though I look different and can do even more than before. You are the ones changing for me.

Sincerely Yours,

Technology

No comments:

Post a Comment